How to Prepare your Paper
To submit a paper to MI-STA’2023, please read the entire submission instructions carefully to verify that your paper document is formatted correctly and that you have all the information you need before starting your paper submission. The following sections contains detailed instructions on formatting your document and completing the submission process, as well as a description of how the review process works and how to prepare for your presentation at the conference if your paper is accepted.
I. Originality & Plagiarism Policy
Submissions must be original and should not have been published previously or be under consideration for publication while being evaluated for this conference.
Accepted and presented papers as well as conference content will be submitted for inclusion into IEEE Xplore as well as other Abstracting and Indexing (A&I) databases.
Papers submitted to MI-STA’2023 will be automatically checked for plagiarism (including self-plagiarism) using electronic databases, including other submissions to the same conference. Severe cases of plagiarism will result in rejection of a manuscript. The most common mistake by authors is cutting and pasting from previous versions of manuscripts describing earlier stages of the same work. The following link provides helpful and detailed guidelines for identifying and handling instances of plagiarism
II. Paper Format
- Language: Submitted papers should be written in the English language
- Number of Pages: 6 pages max, including figures, tables & references. (Allotted 6 proceedings pages with the option to pay for up to 2 extra pages)
- Page Size: A4 format
- Page Numbering: Off
- File Format: PDF only
- File Size: 4MB maximum
- Abstract: It is important that the abstract be a meaningful description of your paper.
- Keywords: Choose from 3 to 8 keywords.
- Color: Use of color is encouraged, but since readers will usually print the papers in black and white, it is the author’s responsibility to ensure that all figures/plots can be printed and understood in black and white. Reviewers are not required to read your paper in color.
To help ensure correct formatting, please use the standard IEEE Transactions templates for Microsoft Word or LaTeX formats found the link below as templates for your submission.
As the page indicates, IEEE has recently revised their LaTeX templates. If you had previously downloaded these templates, please revisit this site to access the latest version.
IV. Double Blind Review Process
All submitted papers will be judged based on their quality and relevance through a double-blind reviewing process, where the identities of the authors are withheld from the reviewers. As an author, you are required to preserve the anonymity of your submission, while at the same time allowing the reader to fully grasp the context of related past work, including your own. Common sense and careful writing will go a long way toward preserving anonymity. Papers that do not conform to our double-blind submission policies will be rejected without review.
V. IEEE Copyright Form
IEEE policy requires that, prior to publication, all authors or their employers must transfer to the IEEE any copyright they hold for their individual papers. Transferring copyright is a necessary requirement for publication, except for material in the public domain or which is reprinted with permission from a previously published, copyrighted publication.
You will be automatically directed to generate your copyright. The copyright must be hand-signed and sent to MI-STA’2022 with the Camera-ready papers
How To Submit Your Paper
The online paper submission system is now open. Submitted papers should be uploaded through the Easychair conference management system. To submit your paper, please follow the instructions below.
- log in to EasyChair using the following link: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=mista20230
- Upon a successful login, you will see the Main Interface. Click on ‘New Submission’.
- Fill out the information on the corresponding author, co-authors, title, and abstract.
- Click on Choose File to select the file to upload and make sure that it is in only adobe acrobat format (.pdf).
- Finally, press the ‘Submit Paper’ button to complete the submission. You will receive a confirmation e-mail that your submission was successful.