In order to encourage scientific research and its role in the service of the community, and to stimulate academic researchers to contribute to the upgrading of the University of Benghazi , and its international ranking and the achievement of academic excellence, the University of Benghazi announces the opening of competition for the Best Published Research Award. The winner of each knowledge branch (Applied Sciences, Humanities, Medical) will receive a valuable financial award, in addition to a special appreciation from the university administration.
The competition is open to all members of the teaching staff at the University of Benghazi and its branches, in accordance with the conditions of the progress of the competition described below. The criteria for selecting the winning research will be according to the points grouped and according to the standards of international journals and classifications. The progress of the competition is available through the links dedicated to each knowledge branch on the main page of Benghazi University website www.uob.edu.ly, and will be open from the morning of March 1 to the afternoon of April 15, 2019.
Conditions for applying for competition:
1. The research should be published in the name of Benghazi University.
2. The applicant should be integrated research (not just an abstract) published in a scientific journal.
3. The subject of the research should be mainly within the fields of scientific specialization of the faculties of the university and its scientific departments.
4. The applicant shall be the principal researcher (s) for advanced research.
5. The research may be for more than one researcher; if the principal investigator agrees with the consent of all the researchers involved with him to compete for the prize.
6. The researcher may submit to the competition only one research as the main researcher and may be a researcher or assistant in more than advanced research to compete for the award.
7. Search should be in Arabic or English.
8. The research submitted to the competition should not have been published for more than four years when applying for competition (research published before January 2015 is not accepted).
Apply through the following links on Google Drive from the University home page:
Link to apply for the Best Research Award at Benghazi University of Social / Human Sciences
Link to apply for the Best Research Award at Benghazi University of Applied Sciences
Link to apply for the Best Research Award at Benghazi University of Medical Sciences
For any inquiry, or if you have difficulty filling out applications, please contact the Award Committee via email or university page on Facebook: